Greetings Parents and Guardians:
We at Calvary Adventist School would like to welcome each and every one of you to the Lord’s School. It is our belief that Christ is At our School this year as before with a Mission for each of us to accomplish. Our theme this year is Mission Possible for as Mark 10:27 states: “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.” As we partner up this year, home and school, let’s allow God to help us be successful in all we do to teach His children of the Lord. Below are some things that you can assist us with to make this Mission Possible:
1) Work with us to get your student to school on time, ready for worship and the day’s learning experience.
2) Encourage the student to complete and turn in all homework assignments given by the teachers.
3) Read daily with and to your child to help develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills.
4) Take time to allow your child to share his/her day with you, which will make you aware of his/her school life.
5) Be ready to go the extra mile by getting additional or extra materials your child might need for projects, reports etc. during the year.
6) Let your student know that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go as far as he/she can academically.
Please consider joining our school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the Calvary’s Program and its operations. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
a) Chaperones for field trips (Fingerprint Background Check as well as the new Sterling Volunteer background check using the following link – https://www.ncsrisk.org/adventist/ are required)
b) Coaches for our Robotic Teams or any after school clubs: (Fingerprint Background Check as well as the new Sterling Volunteer background check using the following link – https://www.ncsrisk.org/adventist/ are required)
c) Reading with children who need extra help
d) School-wide events (Spelling Bee, Science Fair, Awards Day and Promotion Days)
e) Outreach and recruitment of parent and community volunteers (Caroling at the Mall, Visitation at our different Mission location
We would also encourage each of you to attend the monthly General School Board Session held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 6 pm to 7 pm. If you have any questions, please contact us at our new number: (757) 782-4492.
Ms. Norma Mann, Lead Teacher
Now Enrolling for 2019-20 School Year!
We are a Seventh-day Adventist Christian school located in Newport News, VA.
Our K-8 program is part of the world-wide Seventh-day Adventist school network — an education system that includes elementary through high school, colleges and universities in countries around the globe.
We invite you to find out more about our school. Call us to schedule a visit or explore online.